Responsible for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Facility Safety Program for residents and staff. Insures compliance with all State and Federal licensing regulations. Promotes adherence to the organizational customer service culture.
1. Knowledge of Hi-Desert Medical Center distinct part Skilled Nursing Facility policy/procedure, nursing certification requirements for own and other positions. Ensures that self and other apply nursing principles, techniques and practices according to HDMC policies and procedures. Promotes professional environment of care.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of Title XXII, and requirements applicable to SNF/CDP. Demonstrates competence in the care of all age groups in determining each resident’s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and activities. Residents are treated with sensitivity according to their needs and age.
3. Maintains current Professional License and appropriate CPR Certification and provides facility with a copy of these documents in a timely manner to ensure practice is covered by active License and Certification at all times. Ensures education is up-to-date especially in areas of Specialty.
4. Knowledge of Residents Bill of Rights and Elder Abuse reporting regulations. Observes Residents Bill of Rights and reports incidents of elder abuse, if indicated. Ensures supervised staff is also aware of and follow these regulations. Ensures self and staff carry out their duties in a manner sensitive and appropriate to age, (primarily adults and older adults) culture, religion, gender, and equal orientation of the residents.
5. Controls the environment to prevent hazards and cross infection by observing HDMHD policies and procedures. Follows HDMHCD policies and procedures pertaining to preventing hazards and cross infections. Ensures alternatives to physical and chemical restraints are attempted before use of physical and chemical restraints. Is familiar with MSDS information sources and acts as a resource for supervised staff.
6. Communicates with Physicians, our own and other Medical facilities, other departments within the hospital, SNF staff, residents, family members and visitors, to ensure a professional two-way flow of information regarding resident care and other issues. Assesses residents that SNF staff or family members have concerns about, and makes appropriate decisions that demonstrate sound nursing judgment and decision making skills. Reports directly to the Staffing/Development Coordinator.
7. Carries out on a daily basis, as needed:
Complies and ensure others comply with all resident privacy and HIPPA requirements.
Collects data for MDS purposes
Collects data for Performance Improvement
Utilizing Pharmacist Report communicates with Physician to correct and clarify orders as needed.
Ensures resident care plans are appropriate and up-to-date
Participates in quarterly review of medication administration.
Obtains consents from appropriate responsible party.
Ensures DPAC/Advance Directive/POLST wishes carried out in accordance with SNF policy and procedure.
Provides or delegates appropriately, resident and family education and training
Completes Incident and Opportunity to Improve forms
Participates in weekly utilization review meetings
Arrives and leaves work timely. Follows HDMC Human Resources policies, especially regarding dress code, call off policy, breaks, lateness and sleeping while on duty.
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
Heavy physical effort (life/carry up to 50lbs)
Lifts, positions and/or transfers residents
Occasional prolonged standing and walking
Occasionally lift supplies/equipment
Contact with residents/patients under a wide variety of circumstances
May be exposed to infections/contagious diseases
Regularly exposed to risk of blood borne diseases
Requires judgment/action which could result in the death of a resident
Current California Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN)
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.