Texas Health Physicians Group is seeking to hire a Licensed Vocational Nurse to work at Texas Health Family Care 870.
The location is Cardiac & Vascular Center of North Texas, 1924 Forest Ridge Dr. Bedford, Texas 76021. Will travel to Keller location 2 days/week.
Salary range is $18.65/hour – Max $28.19/hour – based on relevant experience.
• Performs basic nursing care for patients by following established standards and procedures. May perform specific nursing care as it relates to specialty of the practice.
• Collects patient data such as vital signs, notes how the patient looks and acts or responds to stimuli and reports this information accordingly.
• Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds and changes bandages.
• Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
• Administers certain prescribed medications and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
• Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
• Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Cardiology expereince preferred.
• Experience in a fast-paced clinic.
• LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire required and
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support upon hire required or
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire required and
• Other Additional specialty certifications if applicable upon hire required
• Knowledge of basic nursing processes and understanding of healthcare technology, equipment, and supplies.
• Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- On Site Cafeteria
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Health Care On Site
- Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement