La Costa Glen is currently hiring a per diem LVN Wellness Nurse in the Resident Services department. The LVN Wellness Nurse supervises the medication assistance program, the direct care of residents provided by the Aides, and responds to emergencies. This per diem position may assist with special projects, and cover shifts as needed.
- Supervises the Medication Assistance Program to comply with RCFE regulations and ensuring that documentation and assisting with medication is accurately completed. Audits medication administration records on a regular basis.
- Assists the Director and/or supervises the direct care of the residents being provided by the Resident Services Aides in order to maintain quality resident care. Conducts regular in-services and training of staff on relevant topics. Maintains resident roster to ensure it is current.
- Serves as a customer service role model for Resident Associates.
- Responds to on-site emergencies with the emergency response team.
- Assists the Director in the completion of Resident Assessments for prospective residents. Assists the Director in maintaining resident re-assessments up to date. Maintains system to ensure roster of residents needing re-assessment is current.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse License in good standing with the LVN Board of Nursing.
- At least two years experience as an LVN
- Preferably one year of experience providing direct nursing care to the elderly in an assisted living or CCRC as a wellness nurse. Must have knowledge regarding Title 22 RCFE Regulations.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- One year experience as a home health nurse a plus.
- Must have a passion for working with the elderly, possess strong clinical skills, and have strong customer service, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
About La Costa Glen:
La Costa Glen is a resort-style retirement community located in beautiful North San Diego County, only two and a half miles from the Pacific. The community is contained securely on 50 acres within a park-like preserve, surrounded by permanent open space. La Costa Glen is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to over 900 residents. Full services are provided, including restaurant style dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
La Costa Glen offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at LaCostaGlen.com/careers.php.