At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Internal Medicine clinic at the Eagle Health Plaza is looking to hire a part-time, team-oriented, and personable Medical Assistant for one of the Internal Medicine physicians!
As the part-time MA, you would work with one other full-time MA to support an established physician. This position will work 20 hours per week and will work Mondays and Thursdays - 8 hour days, and Fridays, 8:00am - 12:00pm.
This clinic is unique in that it is a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) where the clinic acts as a care team model that is responsible for the patient’s physical and mental health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care. The patient population tends to be older and has chronic conditions so visits tend to be scheduled for 30 minutes and 60 minutes for new patients. As an MA, if you enjoy working with the older population and are looking for a part-time position, this is the position for you!
About Internal Medicine:
For patients with complex medical needs, many see tremendous health benefits when establishing a regular relationship with an internal medicine provider. In addition to health promotion and disease prevention, Saint Alphonsus internal medicine providers are specially trained to diagnose and treat chronic and complex conditions, often caring for patients with more than one disease. Our physicians work closely with our certified nurse practitioners (NP-C) to coordinate treatment and allow for easier access to follow up appointments – including annual wellness visits and procedures.
Learn more about Internal Medicine at Eagle Health Plaza: https://www.saintalphonsus.org/location/saint-alphonsus-eagle-eagle-health-plaza-internal-medicine
About the MA Position:
As a Medical Assistant, you will work in a team environment to promote a positive experience in patient care with compassion and kindness. You will support licensed staff and provider(s) in providing an excellent patient experience by efficiently meeting the patient's needs. You will support efficient clinic flow and communicate accurately and positively with team members. Medical Assistants work under the supervision of the physician and/or Advanced Practice Provider. Clinical oversight is provided by the RN Supervisor, Lead Nurse and/or SAMG Nursing Administration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program, or enrolled in an Associate Degree Medical Assistant Program and are eligible to take an approved credentialing exam (listed below), or have obtained credentialing from the Trinity approved list below plus one year of experience prior to hire.
- MA certification from one of the following required within 90 days of hire date:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA)
- American Medical Technologists (RMA)
- National Healthcare Association (CCMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers certification from either AHA, ARC or the Military Training Network is required at hire
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Customer service oriented attitude/behavior.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use applicable software.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health.
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter!
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.