Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group?
You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
UnitedHealth Group IT provides a diverse and comprehensive array of application design and infrastructure services designed to advance improved health and well-being for our customers, and to benefit UnitedHealth Group employees across the enterprise. Optum IT has over 13,000 internal and external resources across the globe, and offices in multiple states in the United States.
The IT Service Desk (ITSD) supports Optum and UnitedHealth Group. The ITSD team supports more than 250,000 domestic and international employees while operating 24x7 year-round, including all holidays. While taking in excess of 175,000 contacts per month the ITSD offers first level technical support for: 4,000 plus systems and applications, servers, desktop, telephone, and network issues. Additionally, the team also offers support for telecommuter issues, and voice (telephone, voicemail) issues.
The Technical Support roles within the ITSD is fundamental part of a global IT support team, responsible for answering incoming calls, chats, and web submissions from customers and resolving technical issues, requests for information and login assistance while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. The IT Service Desk team provides level 1 and level 2 support to the UnitedHealth & Optum team members. Successful candidates will; handle ~40calls/day with regard to all areas of UnitedHealth Group’s IT infrastructure and applications, they work with various internal support groups to escalate complex high priority/high impact issues, as well as ensure a high degree of customer service and focus.
- Answer and resolve inbound Mac technical calls at a large corporate help desk, efficiently and professionally, in a high volume call center environment.
- Diagnose Mac hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, and VPN access in a Windows 10 environment, offering a variety of level 1 to 1.99 solutions over the phone, via chat or email.
- Using remote control/assistance tools to assist customers when needed.
- Proficiently manage the resolution of inbound technical contacts; balancing customer service, providing support, and issue resolution with the constraints of a call handle time goal. As well as meeting associated statistical metrics regarding; ticket and contact quality, first call resolution, schedule adherence, and call handle time.
- Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed. In addition, providing feedback on technical documentation for publication in Knowledge Base.
- Effectively translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers or vice versa for the workgroups.
- Accurately, quickly, and efficiently documenting (typing) record all interactions with customers in an incident management tracking tool.
- Escalate high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams and workgroups.
- Adhere to a strongly regimented schedule (start/end times, lunches, breaks, non-production time, etc.).
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- 1+ years providing level 1 and 2 Mac support
- 1+ years of experience supporting users in level 1 and 2 technical support capacity to include experience in a call center environment and desktop/deskside support
- Experience with Networking Principles, Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Experience with service ticketing/tracking systems (ServiceNow preferred)
- Exposure to or knowledge of ITIL practices
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook as well as other Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Experience assisting customers through alternate intake channels (nonverbal channels like: live chat, email, social media and web form submissions)
- Typing speed of 50 WPM a plus
- Experience working with a knowledge base or knowledge tool
- Experience using and supporting IP phone systems
- Experience with Remote Control/Remote Assistance tools (Bomgar, native tools within Windows, and Altiris (Symantec) preferred)
- Experience with a call routing system (VCC or WWE preferred)
- Experience with handheld devices
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently while being part of a decentralized team
- Enjoys challenging troubleshooting situations and pays attention to details
- Experience working in environment where success was gauged by balancing first call resolution, call handle time and, or other specific metrics
- Experience in a large corporate environment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; Optum; Mac; level 1 & 1 support; call center; desktop; TCP/IP; LAN; WAN; ServiceNow; VCC; WWE; Bomgar; Altiris; ITIL