JOB TITLE: Machine Assembler
DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS: Taylor-Winfield Technologies
POSITION REPORTS TO: Supervisor – Machine Assembly
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt Hourly
JOB SUMMARY: The Machine Assembler is responsible for the mechanical assembly of machines per designs provided by the Mechanical Engineering Department.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings and parts lists.
- Assemble fabricated and purchased parts using assembly drawings and parts lists provided by engineering.
- Align components to designed tolerances.
- Install moving parts such as shafts, levers, bearings, etc and verifies proper movement.
- Use hand or power tools to trim, shim, cut or make other adjustments for proper component assembly.
- Bend and fit piping and tubing for water, hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication systems.
- Operate overhead cranes, industrial fork trucks, and aerial lifts.
- 3+ years of experience building mechanical assemblies for production machinery
- Proficient in reading and interpreting mechanical assembly, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematic drawings
- Strong shop math and measurement skills
- Must possess own hand tools and tool box
- Proven mechanical aptitude using a variety of hand tools and shop equipment
- Working knowledge of industry standards for mechanical assembly
Essential Physical Functions Needed:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Climb and work from ladders
- Work from an Aerial Lift
- Lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Work from a kneeling or laying position when required
- Common hand tools (i.e. drills, grinders, cutters, impact wrenches, etc.)
- Common shop equipment (i.e. pipe bender, pipe threader, drill press, power saw, band saw, etc.)
- Industrial fork truck
- Overhead cranes
- Aerial lifts