Radiance is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer who will advance the artificial intelligence capabilities of the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. This engineer will provide expertise in data analytics and algorithm development supporting the integration and analysis of diverse data sources and develop machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms for pattern recognition and anomaly detection. Additionally, this position will improve upon current methods for the automated processing and exploitation of large data sets. This will include R&D on projects involving the exploitation of data from sensors including investigation of state-of-the-art machine learning classification methods to detect, track, and characterize targets of interest.
Radiance Technologies is an employee-owned company with benefits that are unmatched by most companies in the Dayton OH area. Employee ownership, generous 401K, full health/dental/life/vision insurance benefits, interesting assignments, educational reimbursement, competitive salaries and a pleasant work environment combine to make Radiance Technologies a great place to work and succeed. In fact, Radiance was named by the Dayton Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Dayton in 2017, 2018, and 2019!
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following languages Python, Matlab, C++
- Experience with Machine Learning APIs, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a clearance
- A working knowledge of Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) and Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs)
- Experience in applying core Machine Learning methodologies: Regression, Classification, Clustering, Decision Trees, Dimensional Reduction, Neural Networks & Deep Learning, Feature Engineering
- ML for either natural language processing, computer vision, reinforcement learning, generative modeling, or equivalent experience
- PhD in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, a physical science or engineering is strongly desired
- A mathematical background (Probability and Statistics)
- An experienced grasp of version control using Git for nonlinear workflows
- Thorough understanding of working in research, development and production environments
- Background in image science, imagery exploitation, spatial analysis, and computer vision are a plus
- R&D on remotely sensed data to include modeling and development of algorithms.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Active Secret or Top Secret/SCI clearance