Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Denver, CO & American Fork, UT
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are a mid-sized Data Science and Engineering team looking to expand as we make a bigger impact on our application. We are looking for a passionate Machine Learning Engineer to work closely with our Data Scientists and Data Engineers to integrate and deploy models into our application’s production environment.
If you have a sense of adventure, take pride in solving complex data problems, and strive to build the best products on the planet, we want you on our Big Data Engineering team.
This role would be responsible for:
- Providing solutions for the deployment, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions.
- Creating high performance and scalable Machine Learning systems
- Building reusable production data pipelines for machine learning models
- Collaborating with Data Engineers and Data Scientist to build data and model pipelines and help in running machine learning tests and experiments
- Helping to manage the infrastructure and data pipelines needed to bring an ML solution to production
- Troubleshoots production machine learning model issues, including recommendations for retrain, revalidate, and improvements
We are seeking people who are passionate about:
- Working with data in all forms (structured, unstructured, video, audio, etc) and using it creatively to help solve problems
- Collaborating with data scientists and data engineers to make a big impact
- Staying in-tune with the big data community and encouraging the organization to utilize cutting edge technologies to innovate and invent solutions.
- Having an impact on 2.5 million customers with innovative data science products
Skills - Experience and Requirements
You would be considered a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, Data Science, or a related technical degree.
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning systems into production
- Proven ability to learn things quickly and stay up to date on breakthroughs in Machine Learning techniques
- Ability to quickly prototype new approaches and product ionize solutions at scale for millions of active users
- Ability to work in a Linux environment
- Strong experience with Python, Scala, Golang, or Java
- Experience with big data tools and processing technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, and cloud platforms like GCP or AWS
- Experience in building containerized solutions using Kubernetes
- You have worked with automated build systems such as Jenkins. A desire to write tools and applications to automate work
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery processes in engineering teams
These qualifications would make you stand out among other applicants:
- Great communication skills - someone who is passionate about evangelizing the value of advanced data science capabilities.
- Experience deploying and maintaining model Microservices
- Experience building maintainable data pipelines for deep learning models