Looking for a change of pace and new opportunities? If you have experience as a 2ND Pressman and have a strong work ethic, positive safety record and are commitment to quality...then we want to hear from you. Your skill set may be exactly what we are looking for this new and exciting endeavor! We're looking for Production/Machine Operators of all experience levels for work in Chicagoland.
What is the Opportunity?
Production Operator(s) who will manufacture and package a revolutionary, patented new shipping mailer which is going to be a market leader in the sustainable packaging market. You will be involved in staging, line operation and packaging tasks. As a production operator, at Technical Machinery Solutions, Inc. you will be in on the ground floor of a manufacturing organization that is set for explosive growth leading to opportunities for advancement.
Key Responsibilities for Production Operator:
- Follow all company and plant policies and practices to ensure safety, quality, service, and cost objectives are met
- Operate a variety of industrial equipment across plant floor as needed
- Perform various quality checks and assist in the cleaning and change-over of equipment
- Maintain an accurate inventory through activities such as: proper reporting of material usage, minimizing wastes, and ensuring that measuring devices are properly calibrated
- Ensure good housekeeping of all work areas
- Accurately complete all paperwork and data entry to support job tasks
- Assist in physical inventories
- Safely stage and move materials by hand and by operating a powered industrial truck (fork-lift)
- Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA and EPA guidelines
- High School diploma/ GED, ability to read English and perform basic math skills.
- Mechanical and/or Electrical aptitude
- All shifts available and overtime, as required
- Able to safely perform related physical demands of the role
- Lift up to 60 pounds as needed, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Previous experience as a 2nd pressman
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Forklift certification/experience preferred
- Demonstrated computer and Phone Apps preferred
- Ability to operate automated and semi-automated equipment preferred
- Web Press Operation
- Bulk manufacturing
- Machine operator
- Paper Converting Machines
- Paper Finishing, Cutting & Folding
- Folder/Gluer Machines
We offer competitive pay and benefits.
About Technical Machinery Services - Smart Adhesives
Emerging provider of environmentally sustainable mailing packages to support the high growth internet-based commerce market. Working in partnership with one of the world’s largest adhesives company to create a wholly new vehicle for safely delivering packages to the home.