One Great Future
In August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor Flexibles and Bemis Company would combine to become the global leader in consumer packaging. This combination allows for a comprehensive global footprint with greater scale in all regions of the world. With a combined company history of more than 300 years, we continue to work collaboratively with our customers to make Amcor the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions. We appreciate your patience while we work to integrate our application and hiring process.
Amcor is currently seeking enthusiastic, accountable employees for these advanced manufacturing positions in Oshkosh, WI! At Amcor, Safety is our number one priority. All employees act as safety leaders in all responsibilities. Employees support our World Class Operations by engaging in team activities and continuously improving the business.
While working in the Lamination, Converting, Press, Slitting/Rewind department you will be given an opportunity to develop your skills through our training programs. You will have various opportunities to cross-train and develop new skill sets for a successful career at Amcor.
Work just 3 or 4 days a week and shift schedules provided a whole calendar year in advance!
- Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Pharmacy Coverage, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Supplemental Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage, Confidential Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Rewards Program
- Retirement: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Education: Tuition Reimbursement
Want to apply but don't have transportation to get to Oshkosh/Appleton/Neenah? Check out Winnebago County's Catch-A-Ride program!
WHAT CONVERTING OPERATORS GET TO DO:
These positions are on a 2-2-3 rotating 12-hour shift (5:00am – 5:00pm / 5:00pm – 5:00am), where employees will have a three day weekend every other weekend.
- Work, act, think and converse in terms of improving quality and elimination waste in his/her process department.
- Stop any operation that is not producing product to customer expectations or is in violation of approved quality and safety procedures.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Converting Manager, and/or Operations Manager.
- .All other duties as assigned
WHAT PRESS OPERATORS GET TO DO:
These positions are on a 2-2-3 rotating 12-hour shift (5:00pm – 5:00am/5:00am-5:00pm) where employees will have a three day weekend every other weekend.
- Operate Mark Andy press equipment for all printed roll stock and lid orders needed to meet requirements
- Perform set-up of presses per work instructions and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction
- Completes all activities using the BMS computer dash board
- Observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction, documents any changes
- Correctly fills out all paperwork, including IPPH’s and informs QA when needed
- Installing print cylinders and changing anilox from the press
- Install and remove rotary dies from the press, loads raw material into machine
- Set-up and operate vision and the auto-packer proficiently
- Maintains 6s procedures and ensures work environment is clean and clutter-free
- Follows all GMP, ISO, PPE, and Gowning procedures
- Participate in and supports World Class Operations Management (WCOM) teams
- All other duties as assigned
WHAT LAMINATION OPERATORS GET TO DO:
These positions are on a 2-2-3 straight 12-hour shift (5:00am – 5:00pm / 5:00pm – 5:00am), where employees will have a three day weekend every other weekend.
- Operate Laminator to run in accordance with written specification including manufacturing spec, customer spec, and standard operating procedures
- Record and store retains
- Determine how often film samples need to be taken; visually inspect
- Visually inspect web for defects, which will then be flagged
- Change screen packs and filters
- Adjust machine specifications, pressures, equipment for each new job
- All other duties as assigned
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
- Previous manufacturing experience a plus, not required
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent preferred
- Knowledgeable and able to understand a computer and programs
- Possess adequate math, measurement, and reading skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Required to have visual acuity to perform visual inspection including the use of measurement devices and ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with others in a team environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ADVANCED MANUFACTURING POSITIONS:
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50-65 lbs.
- Willing and able to stand and walk for a 12 hour shift
- Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, and twisting
- Frequent use of wrist and hands
- Frequent stepping up and down from platforms
- Exposure to solvent odors and odors created in the melting process of manufacturing plastic films
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enabler the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.