Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Machine Operator is responsible for safe operation of assigned downstream equipment in an efficient manner; including making minor adjustments.
- Operates assigned equipment to make plastic bottles and containers. Makes adjustments, clears jams. Gets assistance from Production Technician or Team Leader as needed.
- Operates related production equipment, including labelers, trimmers, palletizers, stretch wrappers, banding machines, and other related equipment.
- Performs work in a safe manner, and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for product quality.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices GMP rules. Responsible for maintaining high standards relating to area housekeeping.
- Responsible for working effectively with the Team Leader, Production Technician, the line Utility, Quality Technicians, and other team members.
- Provides functional guidance to line Utilities as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, clean environment.
- Must be able to work Night Shifts.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent safety and attendance record required.
- Personal tools are not required.
- Submit to and pass background check and drug screen.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program