Assists Slitting Machine Operator by performing the following duties. May also assist in other areas of the slitting department.
- Assists with positioning a roll of material at rear (unwind) of machine.
- Reads and understands customer specifications of jobs being run.
- Cuts cores for finished rolls using automatic core cutter.
- Prepares palletizing materials by making patterns, cutting inserts, etc. These duties may require the use of hand tools.
- Stacks slit rolls onto pallets, either manually or by use of roll handling equipment.
- Prepares finished material per customer specification and stretch wraps.
- Cleans work area, machine, tools, and equipment. This includes Food Safety cleaning.
- Actively participates in safety programs and makes safety observations. Follows plant safety rules.
- Trains under operator to understand all phases of machine operator to gain ability to run machine in operator absence.
- Must possess a healthy work ethic.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must take responsibility for work assigned.
- Follow all Plant Safety Rules, GMPs, and other procedural training requirements.
- Other duties assigned.
- 1-2 years previous manufacturing experience; machine operator and material handling experience a plus
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or Equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customer, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.