Job ID: 147255
Amcor Masonry Products, a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle APG Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
- Operates plant production equipment and forklift as directed and specified while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Sets stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Operate equipment efficiently to produce products from raw materials to yard stage
- Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Performs basic troubleshooting and repair of assigned equipment
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Operate forklift Safety to move product into inventory/onto and off truck for delivery
- Ensure proper labelling and rotation and placement of finished goods
- Ensure packaged quantities are correct and quality is up to standards
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- High school diploma or higher; or at least three years of related manufacturing experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Ability to read and interpret loading slips, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manual
- Able to work any shift
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Forklift Certified
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Amcor Masonry Products, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.