Job Title: Machine Operator
Reports To: Packaging Manager/Supervisor
Location: Chattanooga TN
Responsible for the efficient operation of various packaging machinery including tube filler, ointment fillers, cappers, liquid filler and other miscellaneous equipment. Responsible for setting-up, disassembling, cleaning and basic maintenance on packaging equipment.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Performs set-up and prepares line for packaging - various packaging equipment
- Provides packaging supplies and bulk product as required to feed packaging machines and change as necessary (i.e. bottles, labels and caps)
- Continually observes product and materials being used and rejects any, substandard materials or packages not in conformance with FDA-cGMP’s
- Document, monitor and maintain proper fill levels as based on the product specifications
- Operate package line according to set up sheets Setup Sheets, SPI, SOP’s, and other instructed procedures
- Observes operation of equipment and lubricates, makes minor mechanical repairs or requests mechanics help as required
- Assists mechanic with packaging line changeover
- Disassembles equipment at end of production runs and cleans in accordance with Chattem procedures to comply with FDA-cGMP’s
- Responsible for signing off on permanent records, and that the appropriate cleaning procedures are followed
- Maintains a safe work area and observes all company safety regulations
Machine and Equipment (Required on Job)
- Packaging machinery, freight elevator, electric and manual lift truck, tape machines and various mechanics tools. Filler, capper, bottle cleaner, labeler, cartoner and bundler
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Training: As needed and determined by department supervisor to ensure Chattem Consumer Products procedures compliance as required by FDA-cGMP’s.
Dress Requirements: Uniforms, hair covers and/or heading covering, gloves, dust masks, and safety glasses as required by job conditions, provided by Chattem Consumer Products.
Special Requirements: Position is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Must work in a pleasant and cooperative manner. Maintain satisfactory attendance record. Must be able to lift heavy loads (25-60 lbs), and to handle weights up to 500 lbs with mechanical assistance. Good mechanical skills.
Job Conditions: Inside work in pleasant surroundings. Some exposure to product, dust, and grease when cleaning equipment and work area. Exposed to recognized hazards of packing machinery. Standing or walking approximately 100% of time, lifting intermittently pounds.
American with Disabilities Act
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004)
This role has been classified as non exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
Relocation assistance is not provided.