This position is a machine operator responsible for the packing quality feed, checking weights, and maintaining product stack quality. Primary goal is to assure safe and efficient production and highest product integrity.
- Operate packaging systems and lines
- Coordinate the efficient use of packaging materials and correct product labeling.
- Clean-up left-over product around tanks and other equipment.
- Load/Unload trucks cars with forklift.
- Operate forklift and other equipment to support production on a daily basis.
- Stack bags of product in a concise and consistent manner.
- Operate augers, belt-driven machinery, and elevators used in the production process.
- Operate various machinery to support production.
- Cross-train with other departments to provide consistency throughout the Company.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- Two years manufacturing experience, preferably in a warehouse/sacking environment
- Forklift experience; certification preferred.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Basic operating knowledge of augers, belt-driven machinery, elevators, and other equipment used in the production process.