Operate machines completing one or more processes toward the manufacturing of exhaust pipe assemblies and components. Perform as an active team member in supporting and performing all the tasks within a cell group. Applicants must be able to work either 2nd shift (2:00 PM - 10:30 PM) or 3rd shift (10:00 PM - 6:30 AM).
- Perform as a team member of a cellular operating group, which requires the ability to learn, perform preventative maintenance. Set-up and operate machines and to be able to rotate to all workstations within each cell.
- Employee must be able to handle materials and tools, operate machines, assemble and inspect all product of varying shape, sizes and weights.
- Employee must perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance and safety standards.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on each machine to assure machines are in safe working condition and complete daily safety check-off lists.
- Maintain station control of operations, which includes machine parts to specification, inspect parts to assure the quality standards are met, identify production and quality problems and assist Team Leader with problem correction.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Overtime as required/requested.
- Employee must have high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and understand general paperwork, work orders, machine manuals, directions, charts and safety regulations.
- Mechanical aptitude to operate machines and the ability to perform basic preventative maintenance and minor repairs.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to follow directions and flexibility to respond to problems and changes in job assignments.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to learn and perform all jobs in assigned Cell group and rotates to each workstation as needed.