- The Machine Operator operates a partition machine to produce assembled partitions.
• Operating the equipment includes set-up, operation, checking for quality of production, and basic troubleshooting to run the machine to the optimal level.
The qualified candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Able to make measurements using a tape measure to 1/64”
• Able to apply basic math skills on the job including the ability to perform division, multiplication, addition, subtraction and work accurately with fractions
• Able to lift and manage bundles up to 10-15 lbs.
• Able to utilize basic tools and willing to learn job specific tool use.
• Must be able to operate a forklift or willing to learn
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Able to maintain a clean workspace
• Must be able and willing to work 10 hour 2nd shift - M-Th, + OT
• Must be able to function in a positive manner with co-workers
• Must be willing to work in different areas of the production floor to meet company goals
• Must be willing to take on menial tasks as required
Education and Knowledge:
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must have experience operating industrial machinery or demonstrate a strong knowledge base for machine operation
• Must be able to pass a written test required of all Machine Operators