Responsible for operating manufacturing equipment, assembly of parts, and supporting manufacturing operations. Inspects and ensures equipment is well maintained and meets all specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load, operate and adjust manufacturing equipment such as polishing, sanding, cleaning, coating, bead blasting in accordance with manufacturing procedures.
- Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Operate all manufacturing equipment efficiently and safely including, but not limited pneumatic equipment, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, lathe, polisher, industrial sander and robotic equipment.
- Fill out daily production log of work activity and operation performance.
- Uses hand tools to set up and adjust equipment.
- Perform routine inspection of parts to ensure that surface finishes and dimensions meet specifications. Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to process technician or leader.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures. Use all safety equipment on machinery as well as personal protective equipment properly.
- Learn multiple manufacturing operations to follow daily assignment.
- Follow work instructions to perform operations in an effective way.
- Work well with others in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Employee must perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance and safety standards.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma /GED
- 1 to 2 years of related experience operating machinery in a production environment
- Mechanical aptitude to operate machines and the ability to perform operation and minor repairs
- Communication Proficiency
- English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and barcode labels
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics
- Ability to use and read measuring instruments
- Learning Orientation
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Insure that assigned orders are finished according to schedule
- Maintain the quality standards listed in the Weatherby10 Inspection and Test Quality Requirements
- Meet objective goals assigned by the Mark V Lead during performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. The employee must be able to manipulate and assemble small parts.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 62 pounds and push/pull up to 67 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, this position will be exposed to the manufacturing/factory environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- California Department of Justice Certificate of Eligibility.