To operate common machine shop equipment such as millers, lathes, grinders, or drill presses for routine core part machining. To produce production parts to required tolerances for preparation for the assembly process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine production duties by following written processes to operate machinery such as: mills, lathes, grinders, and drill presses to specific tolerances in required quantities.
- Machine Operators are responsible for the visual and quantifiable inspection of the final result of their process.
- Assist in other production areas as needed.
- From experience, resolves basic production and machine operating problems. Reports other problems to the teamleader or Production Supervisor for assistance.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the department.
- Follows all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Maintains a safe working environment by following company safety policies.
- Works within production processes to ensure compliance with TS-16949 standards.
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management.
Work is performed with exposure to harsh conditions such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Sitting 5%, standing/walking 95%. Frequently lift and or move from 35 pounds to 50 pounds.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Specialized training and/or job knowledge in engine and engine components is critical to the quality and quantity of output from the machine operator.
- Ability to perform basic math; add and subtract numbers.
- Ability to use hand, air, and power tools.
- Experience in a manufacturing paced assembly line setting preferred.
- Experience performing close tolerance machining.
- Requires effective relationship management skills with co-workers in a team environment.
- Basic computer literacy required. Ability to use computer systems to retrieve work process and Bills of Materials.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position