At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Under the general direction of the Production Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the operation of various machines on the production floor.
The Production Operator will work on various production machines including, but not limited to, slitters, rewinders, sheeters, cutters, die cutters, folder gluers, flexo printers, embossers, converters, pelletizers, etc. Essential to success is a focus on safety in all the actions taken by the Production Operator and of those around them.
- Stable work history; 1-3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out safety instructions and other written procedures which includes a commitment to an accident-free and drug-free workplace.
- Ability to set up and process manufacturing work orders correctly.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; creative, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Strong work ethic evidenced by enthusiasm, positive attitude, and high energy level.
- Record of safety, dependability, and reliability.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED) is required.
- Read, understand, and correctly complete all daily paperwork.
- Read and understand job order(s); set up work area using materials as specified in the job order(s); replenish materials as needed.
- Set up machines as needed and/or change activities as directed.
- Proofread labels to ensure accuracy of information. Ensure label(s) adequately contain all necessary data.
- Check the quality of the product – print alignment, roll quality, correct paper, and paper basis weight.
- Attention to detail, cooperative attitude, solid work ethics, and teamwork are essential.
- Operate a hand-truck, electric pallet jack, and hoist as needed within the scope of job.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Active engagement and a strong commitment to all aspects of safety and safety programs.
- Complete all assigned duties in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Essential Job Functions/Competencies:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Basic computer skills with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook email.
- At times, the position may include significant pushing, pulling, bending, lifting, walking, stooping, crouching, crawling, repetitive motion, ladder and stair use.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work in an environment, at times, that may be noisy, hot, humid, hazy or cold.
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure and perform basic math calculations.
- Strong Electrical and Mechanical skills.
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com
Production Machine Operator