- Ensure that all Safety systems designed to protect the Quality Inspector are functional and are being used. Ensure that Production Management are notified immediately if any system is not functional or is being violated.
- Maintain proper housekeeping.
- Lean Mfg principles and techniques: 5 S, Visual Management, Autonomous Maintenance, Kaizan, Kanban, Lost Time Analysis, Standard Work.
- Stage drawings and control plans – understand how to read, locate and interpret.
- Quality Policy/Procedures-Awareness (MRB procedure).
- To contribute to the achievement of the company’s quality goals and objectives.
- Accurately perform the inspection process (equipment, operation, calibration, performance and layouts).
- Clearly Identify all parts and be familiar with common defects.
- Demonstrate accurate gauging Techniques.
- Follow all cell documentation and ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Analyze quality performance.
- statistical methods as required.
- Contribute to design and implementation of Poka yoke.
- Contribute to equipment design when applicable.
- Operate under schedule and at capacity.
- Perform autonomous maintenance of cell equipment as applicable.
- Perform heat lot integrity and FIFO as applicable.
- Perform process and product audits as applicable.
- Prepare package parts for shipment as applicable.
- Rework, scrap and non-conforming material process-as required.
- Support inventory and location moves.
- Follow all material handling techniques and packaging procedures.
- Use barcode system to complete transactions as applicable.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- 1 - 3 years in a Quality or Inspection role preferred
- High School diploma
- Work Key assessment with a minimum of Bronze level achieved
- Basic computer operation skills
- Internal employees- discipline less than a level 2
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions.
With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s car manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.