MACHINE TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
Job Code: 1196
Department: Machine Technology
Division: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Career and Technical Education
Positions Supervised: Students
Location: Technical Education Center
Instruct Machine Technology related courses at any Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC) locations.
- Provide formal instruction and leadership in machine technology
- Specify, select, install, operate, and maintain necessary equipment and/or training modules required to support the specific course(s) being taught within departmental budget restraints
- Prepare course syllabi addressing targeted student abilities, specific competencies, textbook requirements, grading/assessment methodology, course scheduling, and/or other items as required
- Provide regular, timely reports to students of academic performance including current grades in course(s) taught
- Establish and/or help maintain an industry-based advisory board in support of college-level electrical technology programs
- Demonstrate commitment to the program, division, and total institution by timely attendance and submission of required grade, attendance, or other miscellaneous reports to the administration
- Participate in marketing activities for the division and/or institution by interfacing with the college’s Public Information Director to provide supporting materials as required for the development of advertising promotions such as brochures, media spots, web pages, posters, etc
- Initiate and/or maintain the ongoing integration of alternative and renewable energy concepts into the electrical program
- Assist in student job placement and submit follow-up documentation
- Participate in professional development
- Assist in obtaining or maintaining accreditation for programs taught as assigned
- Serve on institutional committees as needed
- Perform departmental and divisional responsibilities
- Successfully complete important assessment work
- Utilizes student-centered teaching strategies
- Knowledge of Machine Work Technology Standards and Regulations
- Being responsible for the transportation of students during field trips per the college’s policies and guidelines
- Other related duties as assigned by appropriate administrator
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Three (3) years of work experience in Manufacturing
- Industry certification or a certification in a closely related field
- Mechanical Experience maintaining and repairing of commercial equipment
- Print reading and operating machine repair and maintenance standards
- Math skills necessary for Industry within manufacturing
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- NIMS Certified in at least one area of credentialing
- Associates Degree in Education or related field
- OSHA 501 & 511 courses to present (CFR 1910 General Industry Standards)
- Teaching experience in an open enrollment, urban community college
- Successful completion of a national assessment test related to manufacturing machine shop
- Completion of a Machine Technology program
- Experience with a Learning Management System such as Blackboard
- Experience in learner-centered pedagogy
Stand, walk and bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull and move, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds to waist height. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Compensation: Is commensurate with education outlined in the collective bargaining contract.
Employee category: Faculty
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty- 212-Days
FLSA status: Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.