Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to teach courses in Machine Tool Technology.
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- (If applicable) Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related and appropriate field. (Based on experience and expertise, an individual with an Associate Degree or equivalent and willingness to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree within specific timeframe may be considered.), and
- Seven years of occupational experience (Journey-level Machinist, Tool and Die Maker, Model Maker, and/or General Machinist) in the field of the program or programs being taught, of which at least one year shall be within the last five years. (One year of related occupational experience may be waived with at least two years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years.), or
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable knowledge may be acquired.
- Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
- A record of innovations which will facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
- An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
- Willingness to take risks and try new things.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
Fitness Center at Appleton Main Campus, On-Site Child Care Facility at Appleton Main Campus
Thank you for your interest in Adjunct Faculty opportunities with Fox Valley Technical College. Upon successful submission of your application, cover letter, and resume, you will be considered for future adjunct faculty opportunities. FVTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises. Only if the need shall arise, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application.
IMPORTANT: Only if the need shall arise, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application. Otherwise, you will not receive any further contact from FVTC.
Adjunct instructors are hired on a per course basis. The total hours for an adjunct instructor range from approximately 3 hours per week to no more than 8 hours per week. Hours vary and can include both day and evening classes. Courses are taught in both a general lab setting and a classroom setting.
If you should have any questions regarding the position, please contact Jim Kitchen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-831-5486.