Responsible for maintaining changeover and mold PM schedules for the molding department. Proficient in set up of conventional machines and/or CNC lathes and/or mills. Responsible for making fixtures and product improvement through the following duties. #hayward
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate all conventional machines and/or CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Basic programming of CNC lathes and/or mills to the job as applied.
- Must be familiar with the operation of all machines in the department.
- Ability to use measuring instruments and all other quality control devices and instruments to check for conforming parts.
- Must have the ability to work out problems when they occur and must have strong knowledge of mathematics, geometry and trigonometry.
- Selects proper tooling and set up procedures to achieve the best results, based on blueprint specifications.
- Assist with mold changeover as scheduled on a daily basis
- Assist with mold repairs and SMED system installations
- Assist in mold PM’s as assigned.
- Assist with CNC and manual part machining operations
- Required to follow all PPE and safety procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and interpret blueprints. Ability to read and write simple correspondence and memos. Ability to present machining information to employees and management of the organization and present information to an auditor for the purpose ISO acceptance.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference, fundamentals of plane, solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education and Experience:
One-year certificate from college or technical school or two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use their hands and fingers to feel objects, tools and controls. The employee is required to walk, reach with their hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required for this job and include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee will be will be working with moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be noisy at times. Lean principles and 5S must be followed to establish a cleaner and safer work environment. Safety glasses are required when on the plant floor.