Lots of variety in a fast paced environment. 1st and 2nd shift positions available.
CNC Machinist- Mazak and Haas machines. Program and setup.
Machinist - CNC Program Set-Up Operate Vertical Machining or Lathe with Live Tooling/Milling
Program, set-up, operate and adjust programs on CNC machines to produce precision metal parts and components utilizing appropriate shop equipment in a timely and efficient manner with minimal supervision. Use hand tools; may work on manual machines from time to time as required.
- Check work orders, prints and/or drawings.
- Meet with engineering and Tool Room Manager to review machining requirements.
- Determine best method to complete work including feeds, speeds, cutters, etc. according to industry standards.
- Determine manufacturing process, type of tool, inserts, etc. needed to complete work order. Make recommendations and develop list of components needed for purchasing required.
- Program, edit and rewrite CNC programs at machines; perform off-line programming as required using Mastercam or SolutionWare CNC programming software.
- Select, check, sharpen, and/or replace tools as required.
- Manufacture or select appropriate work holdings and fixtures.
- Perform mechanical tasks including loading and unloading vices, fixtures and parts. Count, mark, and pack parts.
- Establish and set appropriate tool offsets.
- Manufacture parts from raw materials to completion per blue prints, work orders and customer specifications.
- Measure first piece and in-process parts to conform to blue print, work orders, customer requirements and tolerances.
- Trim or de-burr parts or otherwise finish parts to customer specification.
- Identify, use and interpret appropriate calibrated metrology device for piece-part inspection.
- Continuously review work orders with supervisor to organize and optimize daily work.
- Communicate instruction/oversee work performed by lower level operator.
- Return all equipment, parts, etc. to proper storage area and maintain organized work area.
- Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork associated with position.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall department processes and product quality.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety and attendance requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires four plus years of trade school, vocational education, related work experience or apprenticeship in manufacturing environment.
- Requires ability to program (write, edit, and use) MAZAK brand machine: vertical machine centers and/or Mazak brand CNC Lathes/mill turn lathes with Nexus controls. Must be proficient in Mazatrol programming language.
- Requires proficiency to program G and M codes as needed and offline software such as Mastercam or similar software.
- OSHA required training in Lock-out/Tag-out, Hazard Communication, PPE and Emergency Evacuation.
- Ability to use a variety of Lathes, drill presses, and equipment including finishing equipment, air hose, hoists, wrenches, tool-holders, vices, forklift, and other types of lifting equipment, etc.
- Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Piece Prints, GDT, SPC.
- Advanced Math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry.
- Understand and use a variety of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.)
- Write, edit and use CNC computer programs and control panels.
- Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel)
- Understand machining, cutting, stamping and forming properties of various raw materials (303SSTv. 304SST)
- Strong communication skills in order to receive and give instruction and interface with customers, management, suppliers and employees.