Eaton Corporation Aerospace Group iscurrently seeking a Machinist II for 2nd shift to join our team. This position is in our Irvine, CAfacility.
The Machinist II willbe responsible for set-up, adjust and operate a variety of machine tools suchas engine lathes, mills, CNC Machine, CNC Lathes, drill presses and deburr.
Making what matterswork at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We createan environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, eachand every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach yourfull potential—and where you can help us reach ours
Perform operationssuch as drilling, tapping, reaming, and boring
Be part of a teamcomplying with all safety requirements, including proper use of personalprotective equipment and
Be working fromdrawings and specifications using a variety of prevision measuring instruments
Be responsible forsetting up and operating CNC lathes and CNC mills
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives andbackgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —are stronger.
Whenwe embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each ofus unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We arecommitted to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants andemployees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardlessof an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, geneticinformation, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ previous work experience as a Machinist is required.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service candidates are exempt from geographical area limitations.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Position Criteria:
- Knowledge & use of shop mathematics
- Knowledge of Geometric symbols
- Able to read and interpret drawings & schematics
- Experience using a variety of measuring tools / instruments
- Previous work experience in the Aerospace Industry is preferred
- Experience with 4 axis Mill
- 5 years experience as a machinist is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton Corporation Aerospace Group iscurrently seeking a Machinist II for 2 nd shift to join our team. This position is in our Irvine, CAfacility.