This position requires a technical skilled candidate with good attention to detail and ensure that all parts are properly machined. A machinist technician must be competent in using CNC equipment mill and lathe following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of different types of metal and their properties.
Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, Leviton’s Intense Lighting and Birchwood Lighting specialize in manufacturing the highest-quality architectural lighting fixtures to enhance the environments where people work, play & live. We strive to develop products that resonate with the architectural community by blending technology, strong design integrity & visual appeal while maintaining a focus on performance. Leviton’s Intense & Birchwood brands are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as Machinist ll to contribute to the growth of our Anaheim facility
- Read and understand product schematics.
- Set up components and material requirements for machining according to specifications.
- Determine the appropriate setup of equipment based on requirements.
- Set up mills and lathe by installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, stops, and stock pushers.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first run part and sample workpieces.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations, taking measurements and detecting malfunctions.
- Ensure quality control standards are met.
- Report and detail product or equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplish area and organization goals.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 3 years Machinist/setup experience
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing setting is required
- Ability to operate numerical control machines.
- Management of Measuring Instruments and interpretation of blueprints.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Able to lift 25 pounds plus
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time
- Proficient in English
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.