Machinist Ti-Turn - 2nd shift
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required:High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel:No travel required
Location:OH - West Carrollton
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, may make tool adjustments as necessary. Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances, including maintaining quality and safety standards. May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions.
· Maintains organization, cleanliness, and housekeeping within the work area and reports any maintenance issues encountered
· Assists with computer numerical control (CNC) machine set-up including use of basic G-codes for program prove-out
· Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: CMM, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and vision system
· Utilizes work orders, blueprints (GD&T), sketches, written and verbal instructions to complete required tasks
· Loads and unloads parts onto the machine; ensures the tools with the machine match those on the tool list
· Enters information into Camstar manufacturing platform (MES); creates and submits machine status reports
· Confers with engineering, quality control, and/or programming teams to resolve machining problems
· Sets ups and runs machines using knowledge of swiss turning machines and required functions for use of presetting tools
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Ability to read, understand and interpret blue prints with GD&T
· Understands CNC machine operation, setup, and programming concepts
· Possesses basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Works with team to build and sustain a safe and friendly working environment
· Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experience
· Requires High school diploma or GED
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are availablehere. NuVasive's EEO policy is availablehere.
Nuvasive is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please contact us at email@example.com.