Machinist/Welder (Lead) Inspector will lead a small container repair team through the day to day operations
required in order to inspect and repair all types of ISO/Army owned Containers. This is a “Working Lead”
position. Will provide support to the container repair team to ensure satisfactory level of customer service is
maintained. Practices good housekeeping, property accountability control and safety at all times. Must have
experience in leading a maintenance team and experience with GCSS-Army.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible to the Container Yard Supervisor.
· Implements the guidance and instructions of the Supervisor.
· Overseas maintenance tasks for assigned team members to include Heavy Equipment Mechanic and
· Evenly and appropriately distributes workloads among the team members.
· Monitors and checks work in progress.
· Performs initial, random/in process, and final inspections on work orders assigned to the team.
· Work with the PPC Clerks to ensure status changes are made to all work orders in a timely manner.
· Determines that required repairs do not exceed published MEL.
· Performs ECORs as requested.
· Verifies container data to ensure proper publications are used to identify repair requirements.
· Responsible for managing accountability for team members
· Perform other qualified duties as requested.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
· The ability to work overtime as required to include weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Training Requirements:
Must have: Valid Driver’s License
Must have: AWS Certificate
CSC Certification (Ammo 43)
Minimum Job and Education Requirements:
High School/GED. Three years of experience in the welding/maintenance field. Three years in a leadership role.
Preferred Job Requirements:
Knowledge in GCSS-Army