Machinist 3rd shift direct hire opportunities are available with a well-established and still growing manufacturer in Hanover, PA. 3rd shift hours are: 10:45pm -6:45am; with training done on 1st shift. These positions set up and operate lathes & mills to perform machining operations on metal work pieces such as castings, forgings, and bar stock.
- Direct hire
- Competitive wages
- Wellness incentive plan
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Medical, dental, life, and short term disability insurance
- A stable work environment with longevity and growth potential
- Produce quality parts on CNC machines
- Load parts, prove programs, operate controls, set offsets, edit, deburr and inspect
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specs or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors
- Self-inspect parts to verify conformance of finished workpiece to specifications
- High school diploma or GED + technical training
- 3+ years’ working knowledge of CNC machines and Codes and precision measuring instruments: calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, and indicators
- Working knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions (GD&T)
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts
- Be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Basic shop math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- Ability and willingness to run multiple machines independently or in a team
Apply now for consideration!