As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New home office based opportunity based in the Americas West Territory for a Service Technical Specialist to join the Bruker BioSpin Service and Lifecycle Support Team providing onsite technical assistance for customers throughout the Americas Region.
- Perform equipment installation, preventive maintenance, repair, and service operation activities at customer sites.
- Perform magnet mechanical and cryogenic installations for magnets at customer sites, including but not limited to assembly, pumping, flushing, leak-checking, complete cool-down, traveling US nation-wide and occasionally to customer sites in other countries.
- Carry out magnet moves following proper warm-up procedures and safe transport preparations.
- Perfrom services on magnet systems.
- Responsible for follow-up troubleshooting and resolving concerns wtih installations/ service teams.
- Provide customer support by phone and e-mail, with the ability to act as first responder to magnet inquiries received from Bruker Center.
- Complete magnet service reports, logs, database, and other required documentation timely for all installations and services conducted.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repair.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a technical or engineering field involving superconducting and cryogenic systems.
- Bachelor or Associate degree preferred.
- Proven ability to correctly operate specialized equipment including mechanical and turbo-pumps, leak-detectors, power supplies and other magnet service equipment.
- Ability to use tools, test, and measuring equipment to perform hands-on and remote troubleshooting of mechanical/ cryogenic problems.
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear and positive manner with all parties, including customers, contractors, suppliers, employees
- Strong verbal, written, computer, technical communication, organizational, and presentation skills, including MS Office, and English language fluency.
- Demonstrated ability to write assembly and test reports, read mechanical drawings, and apply instrumentation and measurement standards.
- Highly motivated professional with demonstrated ability to work effectively as both an individual and team contributor in a global, customer-focused work environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and maintain positive business relationships, including but not limited to customers, rigging representatives, and suppliers.
- Ability to work with cryogenic liquids and gases following all safety regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., transport equipment and tools in excess of 300 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and satisfactorily complete training requirements.
- Proven ability to follow safety standards, practices, and codes.
- Maintain valid passport with flexibility for frequent domestic and international travel.
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state or governing location.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.