Quality Temp Staffing has been a leader in medical staffing since 1988. We are looking for individuals who are interested in career growth and have the strategic ability to plan for their professional futures. Quality Temp Staffing offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is stimulating, challenging, and fun. You will be working with an award-winning team with an impressive record of accomplishment.
We are seeking experienced Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (MRI) for PART-TIME on-site positions at a facility located in the Greater Los Angeles Area in California.
Determines patient condition by completing Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) studies; presenting them for diagnosis.
- Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing MRI request; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated services with patients.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of MRI procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
- Conducts MRI studies by positioning patients for optimum scan efficiency; instructing patients as to what they must do during the scan to obtain optimum results; conferring with physicians to determine the proper setting for the scanner; bringing the MRI scanner into operational status; operating the console for the scan procedure; processing hard-copy film for long-term storage and retrieval.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques; using beam restrictive devices; applying knowledge of exposure factors.
- Maintains production and quality of MRI studies by following established standards and procedures; developing MRI's; observing MRI results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; forwarding completed studies to radiologist for interpretation.
- Ensures operation of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment by completing preventive maintenance on all magnetic resonance or positron imaging equipment, including the scanner, operating console, CRT screens, and associated peripheral equipment; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Keeps MRI supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt; collecting and processing laundry.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with federal and state legal regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- Documents patient MRI services by completing patient record charting; generating charge slips.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performing Diagnostic Procedures
- Use of Medical Technologies
- Radiologic Technology
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Cardiovascular Knowledge
- Physiological Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Verbal Communication
- Informing Others
- Dealing with Complexity
- Analyzing Information
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a MRI technologist in an acute care facility
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) (R) (MR)
- American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT)
- Associate degree or Bachelor Degree in Radiologic Technology
- State of California Certification of (CRT)
- State of California Fluoroscopy Permit
- Venipuncture/IV Contrast Certificate
- CPR Card for healthcare provider (AHA Approved Course)
- Current PPD/TB or Chest XR (within a year)
- MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B - Vaccination Records or Titers
- Health Clearance (Within a year)
Quality Temp Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Local applicants encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be eligible to work in this country.
About Quality Temp Staffing
Quality Temp Staffing is a well established medical registry dedicated for 30 years to keeping your facility running smoothly. Our main goal is to individually match each employee with a position that fits their desires and qualifications. We spend endless hours each month researching potential employers, their offices and organizations, and hospitals for optimal work and stability.
35.59 - 43.40 /hourWhat is this?
MRI / CT Technician / Technologist
MRI / CT Technician / Technologist