To perform routine and specialized examinations in MRI; adapt procedures to obtain specific diagnostic and/or therapeutic results; prepare patients for examinations. To adapt procedures to obtain specific diagnostic results under the direction of a radiologist
Performs MRI Procedures in a manner that ensures an accurate and complete examination within the guidelines, policies, procedures and standards of Medical Imaging.
- Exhibits competency in performing MRI procedures.
- Evaluates the finished films to ensure appropriate identification and film quality are being submitted to the radiologists.
- Ensures patient comfort and safety (i.e. use of earplugs) to maintain quality care during the procedure.
- Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing.
Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider’s orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.Maintains working knowledge of equipment in order to function on both high field and low field magnet.
- Technically knowledgeable of equipment operation including hardware and software.
- Performs reasonable troubleshooting.
- Checks equipment for general safety and reports problems through appropriate channels.
- Knows terminology or jargon of high field, low field and Philips magnet.
Performs support functions of the MRI/Medical Imaging Department.
- Promptly prepares films/paperwork, hang/take down films and take to doctors view to ensure timely turn around of the exams.
- Transport patients to and from the department as required.
- Promptly and accurately enter patient information into the HIS system.
- Coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient patient care.
- Ensures safe environment by monitoring people who come within 5 gauss line.
- Demonstrates a practical problem solving pproach to patient moving and handling issues.
Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of equipmentAssumes personal responsibility for training fellow technologists and students.
- Shares knowledge and guides fellow technologists/students with proper department protocol and procedures.
- Displays a professional attitude toward coworkers fostering mutual respect and creating a productive learning environment.
- Assists Lead Technologist in teaching MRI procedures to coworkers/students.
- Associate's Degree in the field Radiolgoy (s) of Required
- Work Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in/with problem-solving skills, the ability to set priorities, organize work and have excellent interpersonal skills. Flexibility and the ability to work well with others are required. Stand-by call is also required
- License and Certification
- CPR – must have proof of current CPR certification or obtain within 90 days of employment
- MRI Certificate is preferred
ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology) Must be registered in Radiologic Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and must have documentation of this registry at the time of employment.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reason
- Required English Skills
- Basic reading skills
- Basic writing skills
- Basic oral skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
- Interaction with a wide variety of people
- Maintain confidential information
- Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
- Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
- Computer Skills
- Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.