Mail Project Manager
Mail Project Managers in Ipsos Offline Operations work closely with internal client teams, print and mail fulfillment vendors and other operational support departments in a coordination role, providing flawless project management and execution for every project. In this role, you will also provide methodological best practices and guidance. The role requires extraordinary communication, time management, coordination, organization and relationship building skills.
- Independently manages a variety of print and mail studies.
- Works within tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism in communicating details to external vendors, internal support teams and internal clients.
- Thoroughly and accurately implements all project specifications at beginning of each project or as project specifications are modified.
- Manages internal client expectations regarding project scope, timing and cost with clear verbal and written communication.
- Manages vendors’ expectations regarding scope, timing and quality with clear verbal and written communication as needed.
- Sets up and facilitates kick-off meetings with internal clients and operational support teams, including vendors as required.
- Analyzes job specifications to ensure agreement with specifications used to develop project budget and addresses any discrepancies on a timely basis ensuring no impact to project costs, timelines, or quality.
- Documents job specifications for vendors and other operational support teams and provides all stakeholders with clear, timely and thorough job specifications and instructions.
- Coordinates with the following internal departments: Quotation, Vendor Management, Sampling, Ipsos Interactive Services, Data Entry/Returns Processing, Design, IT Support and Coding/Data Processing. Coordinates with a variety of external vendors as well.
- Obtains all materials necessary and advises on formats required, including but not limited to questionnaires, letters, postcards, newsletters, images/artwork, envelopes, sample schematics, and design/layout.
- Thoroughly reviews materials and solicits input from appropriate stakeholders as required prior to printing. Suggests improvements and alerts internal clients to any potential problems. Provides guidance to internal clients on departmental best practices.
- Performs timely visual quality control review of vendor-provided proofs to ensure artwork, logos, colors, versioning and variable data programming are accurate prior to printing or procurement.
- Performs on-site QC of printed materials at vendor as required.
- Performs regular, ongoing assessment of project specifications to ensure project budgets are properly managed. Notifies internal clients of changes to timing and/or budget throughout life cycle of project. Ensures project budgets are updated on a timely basis and solicits client approval for additional budget when applicable.
- Liaises with internal data entry department to ensure printed materials are compatible with data entry software and assists with troubleshooting as required.
- Provides regular updates to internal clients regarding study launch and ongoing performance. Acts as troubleshooter and problem solver throughout life cycle of project.
- Adheres to Ipsos data security standards and enforces data security compliance.
- Quickly identifies any issues requiring escalation and acts as appropriate.
- Supports internal and external audits and client visits.
- Provides ongoing contribution to improving quality and process.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field heavily preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in project management and/or operational management heavily preferred.