Our New Jersey office is looking for hardworking and reliable Mail Room Insert Operators to join our team! This opportunity is available for second shift (afternoons) between 2:30pm - 10:30pm.
As an Insert Operator, you will work in our production environment to operate automated finishing and post-finishing equipment to meet daily production requirements of client jobs, in addition to providing assistance with the general maintenance of equipment.
- OperatePitney Bowes (PB) APS/MPS intelligent mail insertion equipment
- Work with Senior Machine Operators and the Lead Operator while learning the makeup, operating procedures, and structure of the Processing Center jobs
- Assist with operations and general maintenance of equipment
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Quality Test Methods (QTMs), and Quality Assurance (QA) processes
- Prepare and trays each job correctly for delivery to the Post Office with appropriate paperwork
- Ultimately assume responsibility for the performance, process, and quality of the assigned sorter/verifier
- Properly communicate finishing/quality concerns, service level statuses, and equipment performance issues to the appropriate personnel
- Assist in maintaining work area order and cleanliness
- Interact with other departments at the Processing Center and the Post Office to ensure the smooth flow of the mail
- Other duties as assigned
- Reliable – you are punctual for your scheduled shifts, have a great attendance record and are flexible to work Overtime when required
- A Team Player – you enjoy working as part of a team to meet daily production volumes and requirements for client jobs
- A great communicator – you communicate professionally, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and organized – you are able to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of experience operating a machine
- Technical knowledge of machinery – you know your way around equipment and can perform general maintenance and troubleshooting of any machine issues
- Ability to perform manual labor – lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required
- High school diploma required
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Confidence to take risks when we see potential
- A management team that cares about people
- An extensive orientation program including job shadowing from your first 30 days up to six months
- A chance to join the occasional beach volleyball game or board game night
We are a fast-growing and dynamic company offering customer experience management solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance and government entities across North America. Our portfolio of meter-to-cash and outage communication solutions includes billing and payment, mapping, mobile apps and proactive customer communications solutions for customers. With more than 1 billion customer experiences annually, we have the ability to provide performance-driven value to more than 550 clients every day.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.
KUBRA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.