Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
Main Street - Operations Analyst
Primary Location MA-Boston
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Experienced
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift Day Job
The Bank & Main Street Lending Program
As part of the Central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.
The Main Street Lending Program is designed to provide support to small and medium-sized businesses and their employees across the United States during the current period of financial strain by supporting the provision of credit to such businesses. The availability of additional credit is intended to help companies that were in sound financial condition prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic maintain their operations and payroll until conditions normalize. Small and medium-sized businesses are integral to the U.S. economy and create jobs for a large share of the U.S. workforce
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager of the Main Street Main Street Lending Program, this position is responsible for the day to day management of Main Street’s asset and liability activity including transaction settlement, reconciliation, inquiry tracking and issue resolution working closely with Reserve Bank team members and vendors. The role involves monitoring communications with between all relevant stakeholders and raising issues as appropriate to the Senior Operations Manager and the AVP Director of Operations and Data Management. Additional areas of focus include supporting the Main Street team in project management, tracking of deliverable and scheduling, working cross-functionally with risk and controls, Reserve Bank information technology, and accounting and finance and discount window operations.
· Facilitate the day to operations of Main Street ensuring adherence to procedures for the purchase for the funding of loan participation purchases
· Assist the Senior Operations Manager with project coordination, communication and tracking deliverables.
· Work with the Main Street’s vendors to resolve reconcilement and settlement differences with eligible lenders.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of procedures for the day-to-day management of Main Street’s operations.
· Manage small to medium size projects or phases in a project as requested
· Develop and maintain reporting specific to the needs of Main Street’s daily operational requirements.
· Coordinate with FRBB support areas, including Business Technology Solutions, Information Security and Corporate Communications.
· Provide support as needed pertaining to communications and presentations to the broader Main Street team and Governance committees.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position will not be required to directly supervise others.
What You Bring
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 3-5 years of commensurate financial industry, preferably in banking loan operations setting with knowledge of the regulatory environment.
Candidates must possess a strong background in vendor management, project management skills and execution skills and a working knowledge of financial management process.
How You Will Be Successful:
· Demonstrate good judgment and well-reasoned decision making in situations that may involve complex issues, public scrutiny, market reactions, and potentially adversarial circumstances.
· Manage relationships with excellent interpersonal skills as well as effective negotiation and conflict resolution.
· Deliver excellent written and oral communications, with proven ability to effectively package and present material to senior executives.
· Multi-task, work with agility, and continuously prioritize to deliver for the unit in a timely and thorough manner.
· Show the ability to work across an organization with peers and vendors as well as up to a matrixed executive team
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.