Job Title: Mainframe Architect
Location: Columbus, OH
Contract to Hire
* If you are interested in applying please contact Peter Steinberg: email@example.com 614-467-4200
Brief Posting Description:
Core Banking Application Architect – This role is within the Core Banking team that provides Architecture support for critical applications within Core Banking such as Hogan Deposit, Hogan Umbrella, Agiletics, Hogan Deposits Score, Safe Deposit, DW Mainframe, and Enterprise Document Solutions. Responsible for creating and maintaining all the Architecture deliverables required when these applications are the lead application for a project, and provide Architecture support when these applications are cross-impacted. In addition, need to stay engaged with the project through completion with the majority of the Architecture time being spent during Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, and the Design Phase.
- Adhere to Huntington structured development lifecycle methodology
- Continue to Develop and Maintain Roadmaps for the Core Banking applications and assist in developing best design practices.
- Deliver integration solution architecture and high-level designs for Core Banking applications based on the business requirements.
- Be engaged within the Core Banking team working with BSA’s, Tech’s, and QA on projects. Also, interact with other IT Teams on projects.
- At the Architect meetings be a voice for Core Banking to ensure design patterns and standards within Core Banking are not being impacted.
- Complete all the required Architecture documentation which includes IIF Disposition Form, Conceptual Diagrams, and Integration Diagrams. The required documentation is dependent on the size of the project.
- Proficient in Solution Architecture and Standards.
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and decision making skills that is needed to help develop a conceptual technical solution for the project.
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills, planning and organizational skills are required. Solution Architect will communicate to several audiences which includes Management, IT Teams, and Business colleagues.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision. Ability to coordinate activities with other technical staff and team members is required
- Knowledge of the ZOS Mainframe is required to provide Architecture guidance for the Mainframe Applications within Core Banking. Knowledge of the data structures and components on the IBM Mainframe such as DB2, VSAM, and CICS is required to assist in developing Conceptual Solutions.
- Knowledge of the Open Text Exstream software is a benefit but not required. Knowledge of the distributed environment is required to assist with the conceptual solutions for Exstream and Hogan Deposits Score which reside in a distributed platform.
- Working knowledge of the Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Visio.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178