Veritude is hiring for a Mainframe Developer at Fidelity Investments in Westlake, TX.
Fidelity's is seeking software developer to support new client implementations. This position will support the development team and the business to implement the client’s company match projects are implemented with the highest quality product.
Education and Experience
- Solid knowledge of COBOL II, JCL, DB2, VSAM & MVS Utilities
- 5+ years hands-on mainframe development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Experience in the financial services industry area a plus
- Experience with QA, system development, and test project life cycle methodologies
- Ability to work effectively with product development and systems management
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to shift focus with changing priorities
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment across multiple locations and functions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong technical skills including a broad understanding of relational databases, file processing, application and web-enabling technologies
- Solid understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Must be able to act as a QA Project Team Leader, directing and managing the overall testing effort
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal instruction
- Strong attention to detail demonstrated by ability to follow and develop specific, outlined and detailed procedures
- Work directly with both technical and business stakeholders on the business requirements.
- Analyze and make the appropriate modifications to meet the business requirements. This includes analyzing requirements, developing an appropriate design, writing new programs, editing existing modules, creating or modifying new or existing reports, creating or modifying new or existing feeds, testing enhancements and implementing the enhancements into the production environment.
- Mine and manipulate data to create test data and test cases for multiple or complex projects
- Document expected results
- In collaboration with the project team, develop and periodically confirm test schedule
- Execute Systems Integration Test Plan, including the comparison of actual results to expected results
- Document and report on identified system testing issues in standard defect tracking tool
- Define system regression tests for future projects and for ongoing regression efforts; transition system regression test cases to the QA regression team
- Identify defects in multiple environments and throughout all phases of the development life cycle and ensure that development groups address all open defects in a timely manner.
- Support production verification and validation
- Work in conjunction with all functional groups to identify potential future improvements to the overall process, requirements gathering and documentation or test templates