Veritude is looking for a Mainframe Programmer at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Jersey City, NJ.
Fidelity Brokerage Technology (FBT) is seeking a dynamic Sr. Software Engineer who will be focused on the development and ongoing support of a mainframe-based system responsible for the processing of P&S application. This person will be working in a team environment with other Software Developers through the technical phases of a project: SDS, TSD, TPD, along with User Acceptance Testing and TRA. This is a fast paced environment, requiring a team oriented individual with the ability to interface with a wide range of systems groups, operations staff, and business partners. The project is part of P&S Cloud project that involves redesigning the VSAM data model to DB2, Analyze the application and develop the mainframe code for DB2 engine processing
The candidate will frequently be working on large, cross-functional initiatives that involve the mainframe-based systems within the dividend and reorg applications and to succeed, the candidate must possess excellent communication and collaboration skills to represent their supported sub-systems as a component of larger cross-platform initiatives.
- Work as a senior analyst/programmer in a team within the P&S application(s) that could be comprised of both onshore and offshore resources.
- Technical analysis, design, development, testing and all work related to code deployment
- Communicate effectively with systems teams, internal users and from a project perspective be able to complete tasks associated with work plans created by project management on large project releases.
- Assist technical staff with documentation of functional design, lead negotiations between business and technology teams, and identify and facilitate resolution of project issues
- Support specific applications on a production support basis. Support the OSG Corporate Actions group in trouble-shooting reported problems, requests for data analysis, and general research requests
- Perform system analysis as well as design, develop, test, and implement medium to large size enhancements.
- Participate in quality control measure including peer code reviews. Manage individual tasks and deliverables in order to complete projects on schedule
- Participate effectively in meetings, call, etc. in a wide variety of roles ranging from facilitator, requestor to solutions coordinator, to consultant
Skills and Knowledge:
- DB2 / SQL
- Java on Z/OS is nice to have