***In-Person Interviews ONLY***
***PLEASE NOTE - The client is ONLY scheduling IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS for this position either on Monday, 11/19, Tuesday, 11/20, and Wednesday, 11/21. You should be able to EASILY ATTEND an IN-PERSON INTERVIEW if selected to interview***
One of our premier clients is looking for a Mainframe Technical Analyst in Des Moines, Iowa for a long-term engagement. If interested, please submit your resume ASAP indicating (a) your date of availability (b) current location (c) desired annual salary/hourly rate (d) W-2 or 1099?
JOB DETAILS / DESCRIPTION:
The individual will Work with the business team to understand the business need and how the current code correlates to the same, document the system and ‘to-be’ status of what would be needed for the system to be rewritten in a client-server distributed environment.
You will analyze current Mainframe systems (COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM, ADSO/IDMS) and document system logic.
Client primarily has two environments: Legacy Cobol/CICS/IDMS/VSAM systems and client server/Web .NET systems. Most systems are centralized but there are distributed systems as well that are used in field offices and DHS owned and operated facilities. Many systems are home grown while some systems use third-party applications.
- The role is more of a senior technical analyst.
- Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs, and 3rd party utility control cards, SPSS-Mainframe, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT, and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third-party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
- Understanding, analyzing and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with the users and business teams to correlate the same with how the systems support the current business, Federal and State requirements.
- Create detailed documentation of system analysis that would become the basis for a system rewrite into a client-server .Net environment.
- Must complete the assigned task; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
- Very clear, strong and precise Verbal and written communication skills are needed to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
- Prior DHS/Medicaid/Medicare Buy-in/Integrated eligibility experience would be a plus.
- Work independently with little supervision or guidance
10 or more years' experience in the following is required:
- Trace and document data flows by reading & analyzing JCL
- Trace and document data flows by reading & analyzing COBOL
- Trace and document data flows by reading and analyzing CICS definitions
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in third party utilities, and other data manipulation products; in both business and functional
- Create a document describing the data transformation for every data element over a specific period of time (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Defining and documenting existing Business Processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. etc
- Perform Mainframe programming with COBOL, VSAM, Panvalet, MVS JCL and PROCs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use third party tools and system utilities.
- Build solutions that cross multiple compute platforms (Mainframe CICS/Batch jobs and MS Windows servers) using batch processing techniques.
- Implement data models as needed using VSAM datasets.
- Build solutions within the specified project timelines
- Accurately prepare written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Demonstrated ability of high levels of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of self-motivation, self-direction, and able to work with little or no supervision.
- IDMS development skills a plus
- Previous experience with scheduling software
- Understanding and experience in building consumable Web Services with Mainframe Technology
- Demonstrate ability documenting and proposing architecture for Mainframe Systems