Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Maintenance team member is responsible for performing maintenance duties in the community and around the community grounds as assigned. Responsible for assisting with maintaining a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the residents, guests, and team members including:
General maintenance duties
Assist with mechanical systems
Risk management and general safety
Provide resident services
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to respond to emergency calls outside of scheduled work hours.
2. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
3. Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication.
4. Competent in organizational and time management skills.
5. Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and decision making skills.
6. As applicable, all Grand Oaks team members who drive a Grand Oaks vehicle must review and sign the Driver job description and understand the key essential duties for safety and regulatory compliance.
Minimum Qualifications: Diploma/Certificate/GED required
1. Technical school education preferred.
2. One (1) year maintenance experience preferred.
3. Demonstrates a general understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and code compliance.
4. Possess a general understanding of OSHA, fire prevention, life, and safety regulations.
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Shift: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Work Location: Washington, DC
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.