Camden’s Maintenance Apprentice Program provides an exceptional gateway into one of the nation’s top multi-family management organizations. Camden will immerse each apprentice in the daily maintenance operations at one of our premier communities. Apprentices will be under the supervision of a seasoned Camden maintenance supervisor and paired with an outstanding property management team to achieve hands-on maintenance skills and exposure to the phenomenal Camden culture. Each apprentice will learn and put into practice all facets of residential maintenance functions, customer service strategies, and community policies and procedures. Upon completion of the 6-12 week program apprentices will be evaluated and, if deemed qualified, have the opportunity to be hired as a full-time employee in a maintenance role with Camden. Regardless, apprentices will gain valuable experience in all aspects of maintenance including, but not limited to:
Appliance Repair & Troubleshooting
Electric Repair & Troubleshooting
Plumbing Repair & Troubleshooting
Basics of Refrigeration Cycle
HVAC Repair & Troubleshooting
Apartment Make Readies
Camden Culture and Management Philosophy
Policies and Procedures
Taking requests, comments and concerns and resolving them quickly
Answering potential resident questions
Candidates must be enrolled in, or have recently completed, an HVAC/CAMT program or have equivalent residential maintenance experience
Demonstrate basic knowledge of technical skills as it relates to apartment maintenance
And here’s the fine print HR wants you to know:
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment up to 50 lbs.), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment.
- Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
- Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, etc.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans.
- Deals with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
- Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.).
- Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools.
- Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, SDS and general safety training, and wearing of proper safety equipment.
- Attendance and punctuality is essential for success in this position
Contact your HR team for the position’s Physical Demands Analysis This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Camden may add or change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs. Employees must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
To learn more about our awesome benefits, visit Camden Benefits.