Belmont Village Senior Living
Los Angeles, CA
Full-time Building Engineer Assistantposition
Belmont Village Hollywood and Burbank are looking for a Building Engineer Assistant who is open to workinga Full-Time position shared by both communities.
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK® and ranked #15 on FORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village a Great Place to Work and Live!
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
This position provides assistance and support to the Building Engineer in all areas of maintenance for the building and grounds.
- Assists Building Engineer in carrying out preventative maintenance programs, including:
- Performing preventive maintenance in accordance with facility maintenance manual
- Keeping sidewalks clean, swept and clear of obstructions
- Ensuring proper removal of trash from building and grounds
- Assists Building Engineer in carrying out routine maintenance for the building and grounds, including:
- Refurbishing live-in units for the next occupant (paint, repair holes in walls, etc.)
- Repairing or replacing broken light fixtures and ceiling tiles
- Performing routine building maintenance as directed (painting, floor care, pressure washing, fixture caulking, etc.)
- Performs tasks related to resident needs and functions, including:
- Performing maintenance tasks for residents
- Assisting with in-house resident moves
- Assisting with set-up and clean-up for special events
- Actively supports good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Knows and follows established facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Maintains safe work area through good housekeeping and keeping equipment in good and safe working condition.
- Actively participates in health and safety training, and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Actively participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
- Identifies and corrects hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Participates in accident investigations.
- Brings health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or corrects those you can.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year commercial facility maintenance experience
- Proficient in reading, comprehension, writing and mathematical ability
- Customer service oriented approach when dealing with Residents
- Must successfully complete
- TB skin test or chest x-ray
- State fingerprint and FBI background check
- Health Screening for this position
- Basic First Aid training
- 1 – 2 yrs hotel, hospital or assisted living facility maintenance experience
- Experience or education that has provided opportunity to develop skills in several maintenance trade areas
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 80 lbs., using proper body mechanics and/ or available equipment
- Ability to bend, kneel or climb ladders to perform maintenance tasks
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions (winter and summer temperatures)
- Ability to distinguish colors