Leisure World of Maryland Corporation (LWMC) the property management company for Leisure World of Maryland, a private, age-restricted community comprised of 29 housing associations and 8,000 residents located in Montgomery County, Maryland seeks a Maintenance Assistant to assist the Engineer with the day-to-day tasks enumarated in the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance logs to ensure the overall safety, appearance and maintenance of the assigned residential building.
The schedule hours for this position are: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.The Maintenance Assistant provides on call emergency coverage and back up as required.
This position requires a customer service approach in dealing with a wide variety of owner, resident, renter, and contractor issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Assists in performing routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines operate properly, building systems operate efficiently, and the building structure remains in good physical condition.
- Assists in performing diagnosis, repairs and preventative maintenance associated with building systems, physical structures, plumbing systems, HVAC operation, electrical distribution and other various building systems found in residential building.
- Assists with testing fire/safety systems.
- Performs interior and exterior maintenance as directed by the Building Engineer.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
In addition to the Leisure World of Maryland Corporation (LWMC) staff and contract personnel, the Maintenance Assistant principal working relationships are members of the (Vantage Point East - Mutual 24)Board of Directors, residents/owners within Vantage Point East and general community residents.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)-Required.
Associates degree (two- year college or technical school) Preferred.
YEARS AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
Three (3) or more years of experience in the maintenance of commercial/residential building including troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of associated building systems.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to maintain, repair and replace building systems equipment associated with all HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Ability to comprehend and use technology to aid in the management of duties; Computers, Mobile Smart Phone, Energy Management Systems, property management maintenance software. programs, and various diagnostic equipment provided and used in the building engineering field.
- Ability to assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to keep logs, document equipment repair, close work orders, track time accurately in reports and provide timely and constant communication regarding status of HVAC and mechanical systems within the building.
- Customer service approach in dealing with a wide variety of owner, resident, renter, and contractor issues.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ability to consistently provide a high level of accurate work delivered in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to identify and respond to customer needs in a courteous manner.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts, and the ability to lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50lbs.).
- Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure.
- Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access.
- Ability to visually inspect machinery and buildings.
We offer you a challenging and rewarding environment with many opportunities to learn, grow and achieve great results. If you want to be part of our team, we'd love to hear from you. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please apply at:https://lwmc.applicantpro.com/jobs/