Are you looking for a clean, safe and comfortable warehouse job with a great work environment, fun team, and good leaders? At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. Our warehouse is clean, safe and organized, giving you a great work environment and room for career growth. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
This position is responsible for the maintenance of the facility and equipment. We are looking for someone with strong mechanical, facility maintenance/repair, and electrical skill set; especially someone who has experience managing sub-vendors. This position will be responsible for equipment repair and rebuilding, electrical repair, painting, welding, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and administrative record keeping. Essentially, they will be responsible for ensuring our world class facility is safe and operational at all times. On occasion, this person will be asked to work overtime, a different shift, and within the production team to help with special projects.
The schedule for this position is Monday to Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm. OT will be required and schedule can change without advanced notice to support the operations of the facility.
- Perform emergency repairs on warehouse equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical.
- Perform general facility maintenance within carpentry, plumbing, light electrical, painting, furniture repair, etc.
- Operate and/or monitor industrial powered equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance to keep all machinery in good operating condition based on corporate and local schedules.
- Develop and maintain inventory of spare parts and supplies for assigned machinery. Place orders with vendors as required.
- Assist in warehouse operations/projects on special occasions.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties. This description is meant to give you a general understanding of the type of role this is. Extra duties can and will be assigned as needed, including the possibility of performing duties within general warehouse.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Thee (3) years of general industrial mechanical maintenance experience
- General knowledge of Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical and HVAC systems
- Read, interpret, and understand technical literature/manuals
- The ability to weld or fabricate parts as needed to repair equipment is a PLUS
- Ability to work flexible schedule based on machine down times
- Flexible hours and ability to travel is necessary as overtime, flexible scheduling and travel to other Anixter locations are common.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring; the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Demonstrated experience controlling downtime by Performing PM’s and repairs to production equipment and informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Basic welding skill is required
- Demonstrated ability to repair and maintain forklifts and other warehouse equipment including diesel forklifts.
- Demonstrated electrical knowledge and demonstrated ability to repair electrical equipment. Demonstrated mechanical skills.
- Demonstrated carpentry skills, including finish and trim work.
- Demonstrated computer literacy; especially with email and Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plumbing and HVAC, dock levelers and dock locks, and rack installation.
- Experience with ADT Security, ISO compliance, safety regulations and practices and OSHA compliance is helpful.
- Working within a warehouse environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, reach, push, pull, squat and walk throughout a shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, generally an entire shift (8+ hours per day).
- Ability to tolerate hot and cold as you will perform duties inside and outside of the facility.
Who is this company with all these great things to offer?
We are Anixter. We enable the connected world. We are leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
With over $7 billion in annual revenue, Anixter adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to:
Innovative supply chain solutions
Over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory
320 warehouses/branch locations with over 9 million square feet of space
Locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.