The purpose of a MAINTENANCE ATTENDANT is to perform routine property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor utilities and assist in ensuring the safety of guests and associates in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests’ questions, complaints or requests.
- Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pools.
- Conduct inspections for Preventative Maintenance needs.
- Ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
- Replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
- Completes assigned work orders in a timely manner and within specifications.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Ability to work in all types of inclement weather conditions
- 1/3 to 2/3 of time working near mechanical parts, with vibration and risk of electrical shock, and in high, precarious places, on ladders and in extreme cold and heat.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
- Moderate to occasional loud noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
- Stand or walk more than 2/3 of the time
- Sit less than 1/3 of the time
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 75% of time
- Reach with hands and arms 75% of time
- Reach overhead with hands and arms 25% of time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb or balance 50% of time
- Talk or hear 50% of time
- Carry / Lift /Push/Pull up to 75 lbs.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.