MaintenanceSKILLED MAINTENANCE WORKER
FULL TIME – 1st shift
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account,
and Paid Time Off
Supports the operation and maintenance (O & M) of facility and grounds by performing complex repairs and maintenance tasks, and by assisting in the management of department staff, to provide a safe environment to Colombiere residents, patrons, employees and guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Regularly schedules auto and ground equipment maintenance and repairs, while employing safe working practices. Pursues professional development in this area and trains others in proper use of equipment and record keeping.
2. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment in the kitchen, laundry and JHCC while working on equipment in those areas. Example: Ice makers, gas appliances, steam table, grease traps, wheel chairs, lift chairs, hospital beds, toilets, washing machines, dryers, etc.
3. Provides plumbing support for potable water, sewage plant, boiler feed water, swimming pool, water tower, HVAC and all drainage systems.
4. Performs repair and replacement of electrical apparatus involving 3-phase and single-phase power, low voltage systems, lighting, nurse call, telephone, HVAC, and alarms. All work performed is to comply with federal, state and local laws.
5. Aids in the repair and rehabilitation work in offices and residents rooms. This includes but is not limited to painting, flooring, wall covering, and furniture and window treatment replacement.
6. Pursue effective and efficient means of energy management throughout building by controlling heating, cooling, lighting, plumbing, insulation and integrity of building envelopes.
7. Accurately records and provides data on all repairs and maintenance to provide a history of cost, labor and preventative maintenance.
8. Orders parts and supplies, while keeping a minimal inventory on hand. Responsible for gasoline and fuel oil product purchase and other products associated with the O & M of the facility.
9. Responds to all alarms, fire, boiler room, outside property, etc. and is familiar with company safety policies and requirements.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS [Education/Skills/Abilities]:
1. High school graduate with a minimum of two years after-high school-training in the following:
a. Auto Mechanics—preferably A.D. applied science.
b. HVAC one-year certification or 2 years in vocational school or apprentice program.
2. Requires working knowledge of electrical wiring and safety.
3. Must be able to obtain or possess a low or high-pressure boiler operator’s license, and demonstrate working knowledge of commercial and industrial HVAC, pumps and water chemistry.
4. Possesses current state of Michigan Auto Mechanic certificate—certified in all areas.
5. Current valid State of Michigan driver’s license without restrictions.
6. Must be tactful and diplomatic with others, displays willingness and ability to work both independently and as a team member. Possesses patience to listen to complaints and take appropriate action.
1. Physically demanding duties, which may amount to 80% of time spent on feet, 20% at sitting position, occasional lifting of up to 80 lbs.
2. Required to work in dirty environments and to wear the appropriate personal protective devices. Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens, oil, grease, dirt, hot surfaces, asbestos, high voltage, exhaust fumes, and high elevations (ladders, scaffold, water tower). May be required to enter “confined space.”
3. Works outdoors in all kinds of weather.
4. Scheduled to work an eight-hour day with occasional weekend duty, overtime or shift change. Required to be in a rotating on call schedule.
Send resume to
or apply in person
9075 Big Lake Rd
Clarkston MI, 48346