Maintenance Clerk Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
We are looking for aMaintenance Clerkfor ourElgin, IL location.
TheMaintenance Clerkspendstheir day assisting the Maintenance Department with administrative tasks.This position is full-time Monday through Friday day shift position.
- Maintain parts room and inventories in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain company PO log, create PO's, and prepare shop A/P for approval.
- Assures the availability of parts in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintains fleet records on inventory levels, maintenance repair orders on all units.
- Inputs fleet information into the computerized fleet management system daily.
- May act as a point of contact with vendors to order, receive, and ensure payment for goods and services.
- Prepares purchase orders for management approval, including assignment of general ledger codes.
- Receives, tags, stocks, and dispenses parts to mechanics according to district operating procedures.
- Reviews purchase orders with accounting to ensure accuracy and proper payment of invoices.
- Produces various productivity and usage reports for management review.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates with the team to achieve safety goals
- Reconciles shop credit card statement monthly.
- Supports the Fleet Manager with analysis of fleet operations this includes analyzing data and identifying trends.
- Maintain parts room organization and inventory.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiar with vehicle and equipment parts to assist shop personnel with clerical and data entry work.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail, proficient in 10 key, keyboarding, and typing skills.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)