* High school diploma
* Minimum 1 year of experience in machine repair in maintenance.
* Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and control technology, and welding.
* Working knowledge of safe equipment practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
* Demonstrate working knowledge of hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices
Skills and abilities
* Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal and a calculator.
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrates ability to read blue prints, technical diagrams, and operating manuals.
* Demonstrates ability to use precision measuring instruments or tools, and to use manual tools.
* Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
* Ability to work under immetiate supervision
* Ability to pas a drug test
* Ability to work hurs mandated by management
* effective time management and ability to multitask in fast paced environment a must.
* Safety Conscious
* Tean layer aand goal oriented
* Lead by example
* participates in Safety and CI programs
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Inspect, diagnose and service heavy lift equipment (diesel or LP fueled) to diagnose technical problems
* Determine required repairs
* Maintain equipment service records
* Conduct regular preventative maintenance tasks
* Test mechanical equipment after repair or assembly to guarantee proper performance and compliance with the manufacturers' specifications
* Hydraulic experience necessary
* Diesel experience necessary
* Strong electrical aptitude necessary
* Prior mechanical and technical experience on large mobile equipment preferred
* Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of diesel and LP Lift trucks, aerial lift equipment, other material handling equipment, and construction equipment
* Proficient in English
* Bilingual preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled