The Facility Maintenance Electrical Technician role focuses on delivering a high level of customer service through the timely completion of work orders as assigned by the integrated Facilities Account Manager. The role entails but is not limited to: basic electrical troubleshooting, bulb and lamp replacements, ballast replacements, preventative maintenance tasks, interfacing with sub-contractors and customers, and other entry to intermediate level electrical and maintenance tasks.
- To install, inspect, repair, and maintain a variety of basic electrical systems and equipment.
- Perform initial diagnostic assessment while meeting the requirements of applicable technical and safety standards.
- Take ownership of daily lighting inspections, and change bulbs, lamps, and ballasts as necessary
- Perform basic Audio Visual support such as filter cleaning, bulb changes, and troubleshooting
- Maintain and test emergency lighting and backup batteries related to the fire alarm monitoring system
- Assist the master electrician as directed on daily work orders, projects, and PM’s as directed
- Utilize a variety of standard electrical measuring and diagnostic equipment
- Understand and adhere to key safety programs such as LOTO and 70E
- Perform electrical and general maintenance tasks to support special events
- Assist other facility functional areas as necessary (general maintenance, HVAC, Plumbing)
- Effectively manage subcontractors performing work as-needed
- High School Diploma
- Technical Degree and/or industry accreditations preferred
- 2-5 years of general electrical maintenance experience
- Skills in other general maintenance areas preferred, but not required (general carpentry, Plumbing, HVAC)
- Advanced customer service skills
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times
- Strong problem-solving skills and working knowledge of electrical systems
- Previous experience managing workload in CMMS strongly preferred (Computerized Maintenance Management System)